Monday, December 04, 2006

Facebook has made some updates and that means of course that I must update my blog to address these recent developments. The fact that I have taken a vow to avoid discussing current events, politics, and anything useful and/or important...coupled with the fact that I feel compelled to discuss any facebook changes should make it apparent that facebook and law school are synonymous terms. If you're a potential employeer, I was just kidding...otherwise I think it was a universal truth.
So the first change is a contact search tool that allows you to import your address book and search for friends on facebook that you haven't found yet. Although it is a simple tool that has existed on chat programs forever, the idea that I don't really have to spend hours checking friends of friends to make them my friends is novel and user friendly...Does that count as a pun?
The second facebook change is their aptly named new "tool" bar for firefox (it's a browser program that's better than internet explorer). It even has alerts in the bottom of the screen when anybody updates anything. Just in time for finals and everything. Thank you facebook for the early xmas present, but I didn't get you anything...oh what's that...the countless hours I waste looking at your pictures is more than you ever wanted. Too bad your next update may take my soul.

Random thought 1: Does Facebook get jealous when we change our relationship status to "in a relationship?" I think this is the only plausible explanation for how many issues/arguments facebook causes in relationships.

Random thought 2: If Ian completes his goal of marrying facebook and they have children, would they rebel by dating myspace?

Random thought 3: Why doesn't facebook have a profile? First name: Face Last name: Book
Looking for: Whatever I can get, In a relationship with Everyone. Then it's mini-feed would have updates and we could all wish it a happy bday...and put goofy pictures of it up.

Random list inspired by actual law student in my class: Reasons Not to wear Jorge's Cafe (George's Cafe) Hats to the law school:
1. I will laugh at you and text my friends about it.
2. I will write a blog about you...and awkwardly stare at you during class while I think of more things to say about it.
3. It has velcro on the back...and if I can't wear my X-men velcro shoes anymore you can't wear velcro hats.
4. The capital "G" is not the standard cursive G...if I had to trace that horrible letter over and over with my giant pencil then so do you...was I really still using big pencils when I learned cursive or did I just combine two childhood nightmares...how did we ever sharpen those things anyways...isn't the back that the sharpener was big enough for our fingers more dangerous than the benefits derived making a child feel more like a midget with a giant pencil and cheap recycled paper with giant lines.
5. (The student wearing it is a German exchange student) David Hasselhoff would not approve.
6. (once again with the German theme) No one can see your eyes light up when the professor mentions Belgium, France, and unjust enrichment all in the same sentence...okay that one was a little low...and nerdy.
7. It reminds everyone why their diet consists mostly of breakfast tacos.
8. You're stealing all the attention from the guy wearing the UCLA hat...really give him his moment (week after beating USC) because you know he's been planning this wardrobe all weekend.
9. It will distract me from facebook.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Texas Trowel said...

i just found out about the facebook toolbar with this post. i now have it. i now hate you. and facebook. but i'm in awe all at the same time.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Texas Trowel said...

i just found out about the facebook toolbar with this post. i now have it. i now hate you. and facebook. but i'm in awe all at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home