Monday, November 20, 2006

First, I said I'd be Captain Morgan for Halloween...and I sort of us...at least how every good Captain should go down...
So I realized today that I have 140 views of my blog...I think somehow I owe that to people drinking Captain Morgan while googling. So, drunkards read on. Actually I think Lizett (yes she falls in the earlier category of drunkard) has just clicked on my blog 139 times in her quest to survive International Commercial Arbitration...a 3 hour long class. In any event it's time to change my "law minor" from 6th St. to 6th floor of the Library where I spend way too much time these days. I've got this great spot on the 6th floor on an old couch facing a window looking out over Austin. Although I'm not sure if the view is supposed to relax me or encourage me to jump.
Which brings me to my gimmick for today:

Random thought:
What's the point of sending out an email to the student body with the extension of library hours? If you're nerdy enough to be in the Library that late, believe me you have the library hours memorized. If anything it's a buzz kill for those who actually frequent bar reviews. In hindsight I guess it was the unheeded warning for the 1L's that studying early might be beneficial. Silly 1L's...studying's for 2L's.

Random list:
What makes Tarlton Library so special.
1 - the name alone sounds pretty intense
2- you can leave your mark in DNA by drooling all over the couches...or if you're one (well I guess it takes two to tango) of my unnamed friends you're leaving other forms of DNA...ya that's right, sex in the library isn't just for lonely librarians anymore...Gibert's study aides ain't got nothing on that
3- The 4th floor lounge where you can bring food is still unnamed - and it depresses me everytime i see the sign in the elevator noting this and the best name I can come up with is "The Feed and Read Lounge." Rhyming is always a runner up to a good pun.
4- The librarians start jamming 10 mins before closing. That great music always brings images to mind of eric throwing a kick ass lexisnexis kegger in the library with the librarians after the library closes.
5- Assigned seating...well not quite but 90% of the people sit in the same spot everyday and it's funny to see a regular get flustered when somebody is in their spot...silly nerds. At least we don't have to sit boy, girl, boy, girl
6- You can always justify wasting time on facebook, cus you must be studious if you're in the library
7- The DVD collections...I now can say I'm learning law through the cosby show
8- The fact that I can only name 7 interesting things about Tarlton

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Lizett! said...

I'm convinced that the only reason I got a decent grade in crim law was the many, many episodes of Law and Order (and its various spinoffs) I saw leading up to finals.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to think at least #2,5, 6 were partially inspired by me.

Some ass has taken my table by adverse possession. Last week I was forced to study in a carrell with the proletariat.

-BFFT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home