Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What's in a name......Other than letters...
For those of you that know my real name, you'll realize that I may have a unique perspective on a name's implications...and for those of you that don't know my name (what the hell are you doing reading this?) you'll be forced to click on my profile link which will increase the profile views thereby helping my self esteem. So it's really a win win for <>. Oh I can't wait to talk about myself in the third person. There's some really juicy rumors I've always wanted to spread about myself behind my own back...I digress.
So for those of you wondering why I have such a gender conflicted name, I once asked my mom that very same question and her best justification was the song Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue ...Now if your name was going to be justified by one of Cash's songs, wouldn't you much rather be named something like "Tennessee Stud." I guess anything's better than my brother's name, "Folsom Prison Blues."
Speaking of a ball and chain...Assuming I dupe someone into marriage and kids...I'll eventually have to pick an artist and use his songs to name them. Maybe I'll just pick Meatloaf and and name them all Bat Out of Hell I, II, and III. I think the most difficult thing would be to think of a name that didn't already has a negative connotation to you...well that and making sure it didn't rhyme with any synonyms of the word 'poo.' Ohh I just know you clicked on that link...Who can resist a poo link. Not you obviously, you sick bastard. No but back to negative connotations...Even a regular name like Tom can either bring to mind the short crazy scientology guy or that Tom that is stalking me on myspace by adding all my friends (he's everywhere). Okay so here's my random list of the day: children's names that aren't off limits cus they don't have negative connotations.
  1. IPOD - the best insults you'd have against a guy named IPOD is that he gets played and a woman might call him a Nano in the bedroom....oh yes I smell puns galore in this list
  2. Corvette - gotta like the body curves and you could always say they just don't make them like this anymore...just make sure she doesn't get a ticket when she's at a street corner
  3. Any name that can be re-spelled (written?) with pictures or letters for the syllables - ex. blank blank blank
  4. Google - he'd be really rich, in bed with the Chinese, and he'd be really good at hide and go seek...well not the hiding part...Although the other person would look pretty stupid walking around yelling 'Goggle, where are you?'
  5. Chuck Norris - no explanation necessary
  6. X - cus it marks the spot
  7. Son of God - wait I think that one is taken already
  8. Captain Morgan
Random Thought - Do all generations love "Breakfast at Tiffany's?" I hear that song everywhere, in the supermarket, radio, soundtracks, and even maintenance vans. So "I say, what about Breakfast at Tiffany's, as I recall I think we both kinda liked it." So who'll say we've got nothing in common, no common ground to start from? I guess I was wrong.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i think it's sad that most people don't even know 'breakfast at tiffany's' is a fabulous movie or even if they do know it's a movie, they haven't seen it. but i bet those people have seen 8 mile. to what is this world coming? (i don't like to end sentences with prepositions)

now here's some advice from b@t's:
"You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home