Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Choices...
First off a disclaimer, contrary to the title this post will not be a sad attempt to be deep like an 8th grade graduation speaker talking about how everyone will have to make important choices in their lives regarding cheating, drugs, sex, etc.
I have much more important choices to make....like what direction to take this blog.
Option 1- The self deprecating blog. While I would have an infinite amount of subject matter with which to self deprecate about, those that know me best would be truly bored as my "quirks" are obvious enough. Additionally I'd need to be funny, which I think we all know would be difficult seeing as my humor is a mix of corny puns and innuendos.
Option 2 - The stuck up blog. This is where I'd have to use big words to make myself look smart and seeing as I don't know any that would be difficult.
Option 3 - TV blog. Maybe if Smallville was still going. (Greatest show ever)
Option 4 - News blog. Here I'd have to discuss my political views on obscure news I found. That I could do, but I couldn't also pretend that ya'll cared (as if I now somehow can assume I have an audience cus I have a blog...no really I couldn't be talking to myself thats the magic of the internet...well that and giving you something to do in class).
Option 5- The bitter law school blog. Ya cus I spend so much time studying.
Option 6 - The Making stupid lists blog...ah crap

Okay so random rant of the day..."Parental Control," the newest reality show where parents hate the significant other that their kid is going out with so they audition replacement blind dates and their kid has to choose btwn the old and the new. Putting aside the Freudian/Oedipeus complex issues and the moral dilemma of essentially cheating on your significant other on camera, it perfectly captures the awkward moments and shit talking that we love in reality tv. I wonder what it is about us that we love about gossip and such. Somehow I really don't picture a pack of hyena's gossiping about a cheating Lion's cub coming out as a Tigon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigon)..."man that could really damage one's Pride" (you can't believe how proud of myself I am for managing to come up with one corny joke)

Feel free to post a comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home